Monday, June 22, 2009

Denmark-Norway-Denmark

I can't even remember what I wrote the last time and I think it was only like a few days ago. I have been in Skagen, the very northern tip of Denmark. We were able to see where the two seas meet and stand on the tip top of Denmark, facing the oceans that lead to Norway and Sweden. It was really cool, of course, just getting to walk the beach was probably the best part. We spent a day and a half in Skagen and were soo excited to be able to rent bikes during that time, unfortunately our bottoms were telling us we had been riding after only a few hours. But we enjoyed the quicker mode of transportation and just fun.
We then traveled from Skagen to Viborg. Viborg is one of the oldest cities in Denmark, this was definitely my favorite city that we have visited so far. It was really beautiful there. We stayed at a school, it was for atheletes who have just completed high school but want to pursue one more year of school before going to college, sort of like a college preparatory school. There were lots of fun things for us to join, including rock climbing, pottery, and rhythmic gymnastics. It was a lot of fun and a really neat school to see. The students are given lots of options and were practicing while we were there for their Spring Performance. We got to see them practice but then had to leave before the big performance.
After leaving Viborg we came back to Kopenhavn (Copenhagen in English) for about an hour before getting on a ship to go to Norway. We sailed on the Pearl of Scandanavia to Oslo, Norway overnight. I did not have such a great time on this trip, as my stomach and head were making sure that I knew every second we were on a boat. I was sure thankful to be off, unfortunately the migraine that was caused by the boat did not immediately stop after getting off the boat! Ughh! But we still had a great day in Oslo visiting the Munch Museum (Munch is the artist who painted Scream), the Viking Ship Museum, and the Kon-Tiki Museum. They were all very different museums but very interesting. The best part is that to get to the Viking and Kon-Tiki museum we had to take a ferry! Yay for more boat rides! I survived though and enjoyed our time there.
After the day in Oslo, we then boarded the ship to sail back overnight. We returned to Kopenhavn late this morning and have had a day off. Well, a day off from school that we were suppose to be using for homework but instead found better things to do, like calling home, or goign to the Fakta and Super Best (Grocery Stores) 3 times!! Dr. Larison wants to make sure I know my way around Kopenhavn for when the group leaves so he made sure I went each time! Haha! I sure know my way to the grocery now, I won't get hungry!
Tomorrow I am going to visit and International School here in Kopenhavn, I have heard great things about it so I can't wait to experience it. Then tomorrow afternoon hopefully we are doing some shopping! Yay!
Hi Hi

No comments:

Post a Comment