Saturday, June 7, 2014

Heaven is FOR REAL

     While standing at the checkout line at a random store I never expected the topic of Heaven to arise. Two older ladies were in front of me discussing something that only “their generation” would remember. Not being from “their generation”, I had absolutely no idea what they were talking about, no surprise to them. We’ll call them, Lady 1 and Lady 2. Lady 1 said, with the endearing southern lady drawl, “well honey” to begin the comment, “I’m certainly older than you.” Lady 2, being equally the southern lady, “not a chance honey.” Lady 1 stated that she is 79 (and in all honesty I would have never guessed that, she looked in her early to mid sixties if I were guessing). Lady 2 commented, “well, you have me beat by a little, seventeen years to be exact.” Then, the conversation took a turn. Lady 2 (the younger of the two women) said, “If being your age gets to me closer to Heaven, then I’d trade you any day.” Lady 2 then turned to me and said, “I’m not going to do anything crazy, but I recently lost my husband and I certainly miss him.” I simply said, “makes you long for Heaven a little more?” She eagerly said, “Oh yes! Longing for Heaven is what I do.” This brief, slightly humorous, turned sad but hopeful, conversation was such a gift. I loved the opportunity to meet someone who longed for Heaven, because for her, Heaven is For Real! She does not long for Heaven because she thinks it is some far off figment of her imagination, instead she longs for a place that is REAL. I have said before, I long for Heaven because my grandparents are there, no doubt, my sweet grandma still wearing her red pumps, her heaven would certainly require those. My grandfather, he’s likely still bragging about meeting our wonderful Mary Emily before he went to join my grandmother. I simply love that Heaven is FOR REAL. 

#joinmethere #countmein #mycuprunnethover

No comments:

Post a Comment