Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Finding a New Normal

Normal doesn't typically describe my life. Nor does it now either. I've been back from Africa for a few weeks, purchased a new car, living at random places, & finding a job. Many of you have asked, what's going on, so here's a brief update . . .

I'm working ... all the time. I am currently subbing in Scott County. Thanks to the quick admissions process of some wonderful people there I was able to jump right into subbing when I returned. I've been called everyday & have spent the majority of my days at Southern (where I taught last year).

I also have a job at Homewood Suites by Hilton in Lexington. Do I like it? No. Do I love it? YES! I simply walked in one Thursday, handed them my resume, got offered an interview Friday, & began working the following Tuesday. I'm completely blessed that God opened this door to work with such a fun group of people. I love being able to say my job is fun! Really, it's fun! I work here in the evenings, after I sub. My typical shift will be from 3-11PM.

I'm also starting a 3rd job soon at Baby Bundles, just part time, here and there. I'm happy to be beginning this as well. This is a shop that sells baby clothing in Lexington Green.

I did buy another car. Everyone has been asking, were you sad that you sold your other car? My response: do you know me? I obviously love change, having to go car shopping did not hurt my feelings one bit. I'm now the happy owner of a Toyota Camry & I LOVE it!

As for my condo. I have wonderful renters whom I'm super thankful for! I can only hope that they are enjoying living there. As for when their lease is up...well, that's a long time away & I'm in no way ready to make a decision about what I will do then. So, for now, thanks to them! I appreciate knowing it is well taken care of. :)

Now the question everyone has been asking....are you missing teaching? & in fact my answer is .... no. Yes, you heard me correctly, I'm not missing teaching. I currently have no plans to go back into the field. Obviously life has not been what I expected so I dare not say I will never be a teacher again, but as for now I'm perfectly happy not being one & don't plan to look for a full-time position anytime in the near future. My entire former classroom is stuffed into a storage unit & I don't plan on opening the door anytime soon. If next fall I still decide that I have no desire to pursue a teaching career, then I will open the door & allow all of my fellow teacher friends to dig in. :)

A brief glimpse into the life I live ... & currently love. :)

Blessings sweet friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment